Globe Press Image & Film Library
Copyright, Content & Intellectual Property Rights
You understand and accept that the copyright (including database rights) and all other 'Intellectual Property Rights' within this site remains the property of Shakespeare’s Globe.
Use of Service & Content including Availability
The right to charge for use is at the discretion of Shakespeare’s Globe.
You will use the Service and Content in an editorial context (live publicity rights only) and without any edit, adaptation or change.
You will not use or store any of Shakespeare’s Globe’s photography, footage and information for any other purpose.
Reproductions for front covers must be agreed with Shakespeare's Globe.
You agree to ensure that, as far as is reasonably practicable, the quality of the Content as reproduced by you in any printed format reflects the quality of the Content as it appears on the Site.
Where possible, you will endeavour to credit the image or footage used as specified.
You will provide Shakespeare’s Globe press office upon first release or publication, free of charge, two (2) copies of any product or publication created in which the images or footage are used.
You will delete images and footage following publication, broadcast or transmission.
Use of performance footage
The use of performance footage is only permitted on the basis that you will not broadcast any more than two minutes of performance material.
If the performance footage available from the press library is not suitable or you have any questions about usage, please contact the press office.
Security (Unique User Identification)
Suspension, Termination, and Notice
Shakespeare’s Globe retains the right to suspend or terminate any registration and access, immediately and without notice, to the use in part/whole of the Site or Service if Shakespeare’s Globe: a) Has reasonable cause to believe that you have breached or may breach any of these terms and conditions or the owner's terms. b) Is unable to confirm the validity of any Registration c) Suspects the possibility of illegal or unreasonable activity including untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete details with reference to registration (or that it has occurred) d) Has been requested to do so by any third party licensor or owner e) If you object to any of the terms and conditions, or any subsequent changes to the terms and conditions, or become dissatisfied with the Site or Service in any way, your only option is to immediately discontinue using Shakespeare’s Globe’s Press Image and Film Library. Shakespeare’s Globe press office have the right to amend the policy at anytime, and will notify those registered if a change of policy takes place.
Limit of Liability and Indemnity
Shakespeare’s Globe will not be liable to you for any failures, interruptions or delays to the Services. Shakespeare’s Globe will not be liable for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by any event beyond its reasonable control. Shakespeare’s Globe will not be liable in any circumstances for any direct or indirect or consequential loss arising out of your use of the Services. You agree to indemnify and hold Shakespeare’s Globe and its subsidiaries, officers and employees, harmless from any loss, cost, damage, or claim made by any third party or incurred or suffered by Shakespeare’s Globe or its subsidiaries, officers and employees arising from your breach of the Terms, any content you transmit to or through the Websites, as well as your conduct on or arising from the use of the materials/assets, or the Services. In the event that Shakespeare’s Globe is entitled to be indemnified by you, you agree that it may contact you through your registration details.
Effective from November 2011
Access to and use of this site ('press.shakespearesglobe.com') is provided by the Shakespeare's Globe subject to the following terms:
- This website is owned and operated by The Shakespeare Globe Trust. You may use this website for (a) your own personal and non-commercial use or (b) any non-commercial educational use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content obtained from this website, except for any copying, distribution or reproduction that is strictly necessary for any non-commercial use.
- All contents of this website, including the trade marks “Shakespeare’s Globe”, “Globelink”, and the Shakespeare’s Globe logo and any software on the website, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without the prior consent of The Shakespeare Globe Trust.
- You may not alter this website in any way or post onto or transmit to this website any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
Links to Third Party Sites
- This website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. The operation of these websites is outside The Shakespeare Globe Trust’s control and you proceed at your own risk. The Shakespeare Globe Trust does not endorse or sponsor, and is not liable for the products, services or content you access through any linked site.
- If you wish to create a link to this website, you may only link to any complete contents page (and not to a part of a page) and the page must not be viewed within the pages of any other website.
- If any part of these terms and conditions are not enforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English Law and all disputes will be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
What information do we collect?
We will obtain personal information from you when you shop online, enquire about our activities, register with us or subscribe to one of our services online. This may include your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card details.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to process your bookings and orders and to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. If you have provided credit card details, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order.
We also analyse the personal information that you and others provide in order to obtain a better understanding of our audiences and improve the services that we have on offer.
We may share your information with other organisations that we think may interest you, but only if you consent to this. When you provide your details you will be asked if you want this to happen. You can change your mind about this at any time by contacting us at the email address at the end of this policy.
How do we protect your personal information?
While we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet, this website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information you provide us. Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name and address so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. Please note that we do not use secure server software where you subscribe for our email newsletter service via our website as you are not required to input any credit card details.