Globe Press Image & Film Library
If you are looking for information on access onsite at Shakespeare's Globe, or for information on access tickets / assisted performances, please visit our Access section.
This website aims to conform to:
W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines
- XHTML 1.0
- CSS 2.0
Some Priority 3 guidelines are no longer relevant and are being dropped from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines v2.0. The following guidelines have therefore not been adhered to on this website:
- 9.5 - Provide keyboard shortcuts to important links (including those in client-side image maps), form controls, and groups of form controls.
- 10.4 - Until user agents handle empty controls correctly, include default, place-holding characters in edit boxes and text areas.
If you do come across any accessibility issues, please contact us on email@example.com.
- For those screen reader and non-mouse users, you have the option to skip straight to the content or to the navigation.
- The site has been created with a combination of XHTML and CSS. Tables have not been used at all throughout the site.
- All informational images contain an ALT tag and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
- All pages have valid HTML.
- Links have been written to make sense out of context. Where this has proved impossible the title tag has been used to expand on their meaning.
- The website offers full functionality in all modern browsers on both PC and Mac.
- Resizing the text
- To increase the text size:
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size > Larger
- Firefox: View > Text size > Increase
- Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
- Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key.